Denver Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents almost always stem from negligence. A distracted driver, roadway defect, malfunctioning vehicle part are all common, preventable causes of car crashes. When someone else’s mistake causes you physical harm, emotional damage, and financial problems, trust Jordan, Herington & Rowley with your personal injury claim.
You’ll get our full, undivided attention after a serious car accident. Let our Denver car accident attorney fight for your family’s right to full and fair financial compensation by contacting us online or calling (303) 465-8733 today.
Why Choose Our Car Accident Attorneys in Denver?
- At Jordan, Herington & Rowley, we care about all the individuals we represent and work hard so our clients and families get the compensation and justice they deserve.
- The team at Jordan, Herington & Rowley has years of experience helping clients recover in car accident claims. We know exactly which courts to go to, which rules are most crucial, and how to negotiate with insurance companies for maximum compensation.
- We have decades of experience with successful advocacy on our personal injury cases, and our results prove that.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis to help lower your out of pocket expenses. You do not have to pay any legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf.
Car Accident Resources:
- Why Do I Need to Hire a Denver Car Accident Attorney?
- How to File a Colorado Injury Claim
- What is Colorado’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents?
- What Damages Can You Get in a Car Accident Claim?
- What to Do After a Car Accident in Denver, CO
Why Do I Need to Hire a Denver Car Accident Attorney?
An auto accident can leave you out of work, in the hospital with large medical expenses, and without a working vehicle. If your injuries are severe, you could be facing years or even a lifetime of medical bills, disability, and lost quality of life.
If the other driver or a third party caused your accident, you have the right to go to court in pursuit of retribution. Money is the very least the legal system can do for innocent, injured accident victims.
However, you risk losing this opportunity if you don’t have a competent Denver accident attorney on your side. There are many difficulties you may, in fact, face while filing a car accident lawsuit, including:
- You have a limited time to make a claim
- You need an advocate
- You need help navigating the process
- Laws vary between states
- Proving liability can be difficult
- Filing a lawsuit is complex
- There are different settlement options
- Proving your case in court is complicated
- You could lose money
What Are The Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
Car accidents happen often in the United States and the majority of these accidents are caused by human error. Here are the most leading causes of car accidents:
- Distracted driving – the #1 cause of motor vehicle crashes in the United States
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving in poor weather conditions
What Are The Most Common Injuries in Car Accidents?
According to the NHTSA, over 3 million Americans are injured in an auto accident every year. While injuries may vary on impact, there are common injuries that victims experience in car accidents:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Brain injuries
It’s important to keep in mind that car accident injuries depend on different factors such as whether or not the passengers were wearing seat belts, the direction of the impact of the car, deployment of airbags, and the speed of the car.
How to File a Colorado Injury Claim
Colorado is a fault auto insurance state, which means that the person who is responsible for your car accident must pay for your damages as well. Usually, these funds come out of his or her car insurance policy.
You have three main options to file a car accident claim.
- You can file an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s policy.
- You can file an insurance claim with your own policy, if you have the appropriate coverage.
- You can file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
In most car accident claims, you will file a claim with the insurance company and proceed to the lawsuit stage if your claim is unsuccessful. However, your attorney may examine your case and advise you to proceed directly to the lawsuit process.
To file a Denver personal injury lawsuit, your attorney will begin by performing a preliminary investigation into your claim and complete the paperwork necessary to file your claim, as well as inform the at-fault party of your intent to sue. After you file, you will enter the discovery process where you will exchange evidence with the at-fault party, and you may enter into negotiations for your settlement.
You may receive a settlement at this stage. If negotiations are unsuccessful, your case will proceed to the courtroom and a judge and jury will decide whether or not you should receive a settlement and how much that settlement should be.
What is Colorado’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents?
The statute of limitations is a law that limits that time frame from which an injured party can file a lawsuit in court. If a lawsuit is not filed within the time frame, the party’s lawsuit will most likely be dismissed. According to Colorado law, the statute of limitations for car accidents is three years.
Drunk Driving Accidents
Every year, hundreds of Colorado citizens end up in the hospital after drunk drivers collide with them. Accidents involving an impaired party are also more serious than other crashes since drunk drivers tend to make poor decisions like speeding or running red lights.
Drunk drivers have no right to get behind the wheel, and deserve to face justice after causing serious injuries or deaths.
Drugged driving is also a significant issue in Colorado, especially after the legalization of marijuana. In 2016, one-third of all traffic-accident fatalities (196 deaths) involved an impaired driver. More than 17% of driving under the influence (DUI) arrests in the state involved marijuana impairment.
After an accident with an impaired driver, stay calm and call the police. The government can prosecute the driver for criminal charges, while you can bring a civil claim in pursuit of money damages. The accident lawyers at Jordan, Herington & Rowley can use their years of experience handling DUI accidents in Denver to your benefit.
Denver Colorado Car Accident Statistics
Looking at the data about Colorado and Denver’s car accident statistics can help put your crash into perspective. Here are a few recent numbers:
- +11%. The percentage of increase in the number of traffic-related fatalities in Colorado from 2014 to 2016.
- 3,668. How many fatal and injury crashes there were throughout Colorado in 2017.
- There were 45 fatal accidents in Denver, CO in 2017. These accidents took 46 lives. Of these accidents, 20 crashes and 20 deaths involved impaired drivers.
Every year, thousands of people go to hospitals in Colorado for car accident-related injuries. Some of these people never get the chance to walk back out of those doors. Our Denver car accident lawyers are dedicated to bringing negligent and reckless drivers to justice, and to helping clients achieve their financial goals through hard-hitting litigation.
What Damages Can You Get in a Car Accident Claim?
Your car accident lawsuit or insurance claim allows you to collect compensatory damages for the emotional, physical, and financial consequences you endure as a result of the collision. You can collect two main types of damages in your case: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages include the tangible, out of pocket expenses you endure, including the following.
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage and vehicle repairs
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations
On the other hand, non-economic damages involve your physical and mental pain and suffering. You may claim the following types of non-economic damages in your case.
- Mental anguish
- Chronic pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of quality of life
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Speak to your Denver car accident attorney as soon as possible to determine which damages you may qualify for and the estimated amount of your compensation.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Denver, CO
The moments after a car accident can be disorienting, but this is also the time that the evidence is freshest, and you can begin to build the foundations of a strong claim. If you can move around safely and without causing additional injury, take the following steps to collect evidence for your case.
- Call 911 to bring law enforcement to the scene and create an accident report. Collect the responding officer’s information so you can find this crucial piece of evidence later.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible and save all documentation you receive during your visits.
- Photograph the scene and the damages you endured, including the area around the crash, your injuries, and all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Exchange information with the other drivers, such as your contact details, insurance information, and driver’s license.
- Do not make any claims about your injuries or your role in the accident, and do not speak to an insurance adjuster until you contact a car accident attorney.
You should always speak to your Denver personal injury attorney before speaking to an insurance adjuster. Remember, it is not in the company’s best interest to provide you with the maximum possible settlement, and making a premature statement can hurt your case. Contact a Denver personal injury lawyer from Jordan, Herington & Rowley as soon as possible to discuss how to approach these conversations.
How Can the Denver Accident Lawyer at Jordan, Herington & Rowley help you?
When it comes to optimizing your odds of significant recovery, not just any car accident attorney will do. Your claim is completely unique, and you need to find the best lawyer for your individual needs.
Even if you have reason to believe you are partially at fault for the accident, don’t assume you lose your right to recovery. Our Denver car accident lawyers can help you navigate through Colorado’s complex law system, and find many ways you could still be eligible.
Call Our Denver Car Accident Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
Attorney Jason Jordan and his team are available 24/7 to discuss your potential claim during a free consultation. Sign up for yours online today. We specialize in car accident cases and might be able to help you secure full compensation for your damages and can discuss your legal opportunities for free.