Denver Car Accident Lawyer
When it comes to car accident claims, you won’t find a more personalized experience in Denver than at Jordan Law. Jordan Law is not a “mill-type” legal firm that cranks out thousands of cases per year. Instead, we are selective in the cases we take, allowing us to dedicate all our concentration, energy, and resources to the clients we accept. Our car accident attorneys in Denver truly care about the results and outcome of each case – not about the hours or work involved. You’ll get our full, undivided attention after a serious car accident.
Car accidents almost always stem from negligence. A distracted driver, roadway defect, malfunctioning vehicle part are all common, preventable causes of wrecks. When someone else’s mistake causes you physical harm, emotional damage, and financial problems, trust Jordan Law with your personal injury claim. Our past car accident clients have benefitted from our knowledge, experience, and aggressive legal action. Let us fight for your family’s right to full and fair financial compensation.
Why Is It Important to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
An auto accident can leave you out of work, in the hospital, and without a working vehicle. If your injuries are severe, you could be facing years or even a lifetime of medical bills, disability, and lost quality of life. At Jordan Law, we don’t believe car accident victims should have to stand for these significant damages without at least receiving financial compensation. Money is the very least the legal system can do for innocent accident victims. When it comes to securing the most for your claim, you need an auto accident attorney fighting for your rights.
A lawyer can help you protect your rights to file a lawsuit and receive financial recovery after a car crash in Denver. If the other driver or a third party caused your accident, you have the right to go to court in pursuit of retribution. The Colorado courts entitle you to pursue money damages for your past and future medical bills, lost income, physical pain, emotional suffering, and property damage costs. You could lose this opportunity, however, without an attorney helping you file your claim with the right courts before the deadline.
How Can the Right Attorney Help?
When it comes to optimizing your odds of significant recovery, not just any auto collision attorney will do. You need to find the best lawyer for your individual needs. Your claim is completely unique. You need personalized legal representation for your one-of-a-kind accident claim. Look for a lawyer with experience in this practice area, a track record of success, awards, and one-on-one client care. Retaining an attorney who is selective about the cases he or she takes on will guarantee your lawyer’s full, undivided attention on your case.
The team at Jordan Law has years of experience helping clients recover in car accident claims. We know exactly which courts to go to, which rules are most crucial, and how to negotiate with insurance companies for maximum compensation. Help from our attorneys can make all the difference in your experience during the claims process, as well as in how much you receive for your losses. You can fully understand your rights, learn the true value of your case, improve the odds of proving another party’s liability, and go up against insurers with confidence – all when you choose to work with one of our attorneys.
Denver Colorado Car Wreck Statistics
A large aspect of any car accident claim is the numbers game – a plaintiff fighting for the greatest financial award possible for his or her damages. On the other side of that, however, is a real family with real difficulties. Jordan Law recognizes this delicate balance and places exactly the right amount of emphasis on the numbers involved in a civil claim. The other area where we believe numbers matter concerns Colorado and Denver’s car accident statistics. Looking at the data can help put your crash into perspective. Here are a few recent numbers:
- 11%. The percentage of increase in the number of traffic-related fatalities in Colorado from 2014 to 2016. There were 605 car accident deaths in Colorado in 2016, compared to 547 in 2015.
- 3,668. How many fatal and injury crashes there were throughout Colorado in 2017. This was a slight drop from 3,720 accidents in 2016.
- There were 45 fatal accidents in Denver, CO in 2017. These accidents took 46 lives. Of these accidents, 20 crashes and 20 deaths involved impaired drivers.
Every year, thousands of people go to hospitals in Colorado for car-accident related injuries. Some of these people never get the chance to walk back out of those doors. At Jordan Law, we believe one death is too many. Our lawyers are dedicated to bringing negligent and reckless drivers to justice, and to helping clients achieve their financial goals through hard-hitting litigation. Its been our goal to offer assistance to as many car crash victims in Denver as possible during our years in personal injury law.
It is illegal to cause an accident, or to be involved in one in any capacity, and then flee the scene in Colorado. Every driver must stop at the scene, or as close to it as is safely possible, and remain there until it is okay to leave. Unfortunately, not all drivers obey the law. Many try to avoid taking responsibility for their actions by taking off without waiting to exchange information – or to even make sure everyone is okay. If you’ve suffered an injury in a hit-and-run, here’s what to do:
- There might not be a lot of information about your accident available, but collect everything you can. Take photos of your damaged vehicle or bicycle and of your injuries. Get the names and contact info of anyone who witnessed the crash. If anyone saw the at-fault driver, get a description of the vehicle in as much detail as possible. Visit nearby stores to see if anyone caught security camera footage of the crash.
Call the police
- Always call 911 and report your crash after a hit-and-run. Police can investigate the scene and perhaps find more evidence than you can alone. A police report also creates official proof that the crash occurred, and that you did not cause your damages yourself. This will be important for your insurance claim. Give the officer your side of what happened, and don’t forget to get your police report number.
Go to the Hospital
- Seek medical attention immediately if the hit-and-run accident injured you. Go to the hospital and explain what happened. If you’re not sure whether you have injuries when police arrive, say you don’t know, not that you aren’t injured. If you discover injuries later, it can be difficult to backtrack if you’ve already said you aren’t injured. Visit a doctor and get an official diagnosis. Keep all medical bills and records relating to your accident.
Call Your Insurance Company
- Your insurance policy may include insurance that will cover all or most of your damages. Although Colorado does not permit uninsured motorist coverage to cover hit-and-run accidents, it does allow policyholders to use personal injury protection, collision coverage, and medical payments coverage in hit-and-runs. Your own policy may cover your losses. If the police catch the hit-and-run driver, call his/her insurer and file a claim.
Contact Jordan Law
- Our car accident attorneys can listen to your story and assist you in your efforts to claim compensation. Despite the at-fault driver taking off, you could still recover through your own insurer. Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance can cover your damages after a hit-and-run. This is coverage you have to purchase separately from the rest of your policy. You might also be able to sue a third party for compensation.
What Information You Should Gather:
- Photographs of property damage.
- Statements from any eyewitnesses.
- Description of the other vehicle, if possible.
- License plates of other vehicle, if possible.
- Description/photographs of injuries.
- Police report number.
- Location of the accident.
There’s a chance you could bring a claim against a party other than the hit-and-run driver, such as a vehicle part manufacturer, or the city of Denver, for an unsafe roadway or parking lot. A conversation with one of our experienced lawyers can help you explore all your options for financial reimbursement after a hit-and-run.
Drunk Driving Accidents
Colorado is right on par with the national average in terms of motorists who report driving after drinking too much. Both the national percentage and Colorado’s percentage stand at 1.9%. Every year, hundreds of Colorado citizens end up in the hospital after drunk drivers collide with them. Accidents involving an impaired party are also more serious than other crashes, since drunk drivers tend to make poor decisions like speeding or running red lights. Drunk drivers have no right to get behind the wheel, and deserve to face justice after causing serious injuries or deaths.
Drugged driving is also a significant issue in Colorado, especially after the legalization of marijuana. In 2016, one-third of all traffic-accident fatalities (196 deaths) involved an impaired driver. More than 17% of driving under the influence (DUI) arrests in the state involved marijuana impairment. After an accident with an impaired driver, stay calm and call the police. The government can prosecute the driver for criminal charges, while you can bring a civil claim in pursuit of money damages. The lawyers at Jordan Law can use their years of experience handling DUI accidents in Denver to your benefit.
Colorado Car Accident Laws
The first law to remember after a vehicle collision is Denver is to call the police if there are any injuries or property damage, regardless of how minor or inexpensive damages appear. State law requires drivers to report all types of crashes. If someone suffers an injury, an uninjured driver must also arrange for transportation to a hospital. Both drivers should exchange information with one another – namely, insurance and license information. All involved parties must remain at the scene until police arrive and complete their report.
When it comes time to exercise your right to file a claim for compensation, you will file with the at-fault driver’s insurer. This is due to Colorado’s “fault” car accident laws, in which the at-fault driver will pay for damages. If you need to bring a personal injury claim against the negligent driver, you have three years from the date of your crash to do so. If you have reason to believe you are partially at fault for the accident, don’t assume you lose your right to recovery; Colorado is a comparative negligence state, meaning you could still be eligible.
Call (303) 465-INJURY After Your Car Accident in Denver
After suffering personal injuries in a car accident in Denver, one of your first moves should be to call Jordan Law. Attorney Jason Jordan and his team are available 24/7 to discuss your potential claim during a free consultation. Sign up for yours online today. We might be able to help you secure full compensation for your damages and can discuss your rights and legal opportunities. Our experienced trial lawyers are ready to go to court on your behalf in pursuit of fair recovery, if necessary. Call (303) 465-8733 to talk to a personal injury attorney in Denver about your recent car accident.