Denver Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents almost always stem from negligence. A distracted driver, roadway defect, malfunctioning vehicle part are all common, preventable causes of wrecks. When someone else’s mistake causes you physical harm, emotional damage, and financial problems, trust Jordan Law with your personal injury claim.
You’ll get our full, undivided attention after a serious car accident. Let us fight for your family’s right to full and fair financial compensation by calling (303) 647-3025 today.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
An auto accident can leave you out of work, in the hospital, and without a working vehicle. If your injuries are severe, you could be facing years or even a lifetime of medical bills, disability, and lost quality of life.
If the other driver or a third party caused your accident, you have the right to go to court in pursuit of retribution. Money is the very least the legal system can do for innocent accident victims.
However, you risk losing this opportunity if you don’t have a competent attorney on your side. There are many difficulties you may, in fact, face while filing a car accident lawsuit, including:
- You have a limited time to make a claim
- You need an advocate
- You need help navigating the process
- Laws vary between states
- Proving liability can be difficult
- Filing a lawsuit is complex
- There are different settlement options
- Proving your case in court is complicated
- You could lose money
DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENTS
Every year, hundreds of Colorado citizens end up in the hospital after drunk drivers collide with them. Accidents involving an impaired party are also more serious than other crashes, since drunk drivers tend to make poor decisions like speeding or running red lights.
Drunk drivers have no right to get behind the wheel, and deserve to face justice after causing serious injuries or deaths.
Drugged driving is also a significant issue in Colorado, especially after the legalization of marijuana. In 2016, one-third of all traffic-accident fatalities (196 deaths) involved an impaired driver. More than 17% of driving under the influence (DUI) arrests in the state involved marijuana impairment.
After an accident with an impaired driver, stay calm and call the police. The government can prosecute the driver for criminal charges, while you can bring a civil claim in pursuit of money damages. The lawyers at Jordan Law can use their years of experience handling DUI accidents in Denver to your benefit.
DENVER COLORADO CAR WRECK STATISTICS
Looking at the data about Colorado and Denver’s car accident statistics can help put your crash into perspective. Here are a few recent numbers:
- +11%. The percentage of increase in the number of traffic-related fatalities in Colorado from 2014 to 2016.
- 3,668. How many fatal and injury crashes there were throughout Colorado in 2017.
- There were 45 fatal accidents in Denver, CO in 2017. These accidents took 46 lives. Of these accidents, 20 crashes and 20 deaths involved impaired drivers.
Every year, thousands of people go to hospitals in Colorado for car accident-related injuries. Some of these people never get the chance to walk back out of those doors.
At Jordan Law, we believe one death is too many.
Our lawyers are dedicated to bringing negligent and reckless drivers to justice, and to helping clients achieve their financial goals through hard-hitting litigation.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENT
It is illegal to cause an accident, or to be involved in one in any capacity, and then flee the scene in Colorado. Every driver must stop at the scene, or as close to it as is safely possible, and remain there until it is okay to leave.
Unfortunately, not all drivers obey the law. Many try to avoid taking responsibility for their actions by taking off without waiting to exchange information – or to even make sure everyone is okay.
If you’ve suffered an injury in a hit-and-run, here’s what to do:
- Gather information
- Try collect every information you can about your accident available. Take photos of your damaged vehicle or bicycle and of your injuries.
- Get the names and contact info of anyone who witnessed the crash. If anyone saw the at-fault driver, get a description of the vehicle in as much detail as possible.
- Visit nearby stores to see if anyone caught security camera footage of the crash.
- Call the police
- Always call 911 and report your crash after a hit-and-run. Police can investigate the scene and perhaps find more evidence than you can alone.
- A police report also creates official proof that the crash occurred, and that you did not cause your damages yourself. This will be important for your insurance claim.
- Give the officer your side of what happened, and don’t forget to get your police report number.
- Go to the Hospital
- Seek medical attention immediately if the hit-and-run accident injured you. Go to the hospital and explain what happened.
- If you’re not sure whether you have injuries when police arrive, say you don’t know, not that you aren’t injured. If you discover injuries later, it can be difficult to backtrack if you’ve already said you aren’t injured.
- Visit a doctor and get an official diagnosis. Keep all medical bills and records relating to your accident.
- Call Your Insurance Company
- Your insurance policy may include insurance that will cover all or most of your damages.
- Although Colorado does not permit uninsured motorist coverage to cover hit-and-run accidents, it does allow policyholders to use personal injury protection, collision coverage, and medical payments coverage in hit-and-runs. Your own policy may cover your losses.
- If the police catch the hit-and-run driver, call his/her insurer and file a claim.
- Contact Jordan Law
- Our car accident attorneys can listen to your story and assist you in your efforts to claim compensation.
- Despite the at-fault driver taking off, you could still recover through your own insurer.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance can cover your damages after a hit-and-run. This is coverage you have to purchase separately from the rest of your policy.
- You might also be able to sue a third party for compensation.
HOW CAN THE ATTORNEYS AT JORDAN LAW WILL HELP YOU?
When it comes to optimizing your odds of significant recovery, not just any auto collision attorney will do. Your claim is completely unique, and you need to find the best lawyer for your individual needs.
The team at Jordan Law has years of experience helping clients recover in car accident claims. We know exactly which courts to go to, which rules are most crucial, and how to negotiate with insurance companies for maximum compensation.
Even if you have reason to believe you are partially at fault for the accident, don’t assume you lose your right to recovery. Our Denver personal injury lawyers can help you navigate through Colorado’s complex law system, and find many ways you could still be eligible.
Attorney Jason Jordan and his team are available 24/7 to discuss your potential claim during a free consultation. Sign up for yours online today. We might be able to help you secure full compensation for your damages and can discuss your legal opportunities for free.